Mylee Magic Extender Gel FAQs
How do you use Magic Extender Gel?
- Prep your nails and apply a Base Coat to your nails. Cure for 30 seconds under our Pro LED Lamp.
- Attach a nail paper form to your nail by aligning the middle of the form with the middle of your nail.
- Squeeze out a small amount of Magic Extender Gel and slice with the Poly Nail Dual-Ended Tool. Roll onto your nail.
- Apply a small amount of Slip Solution to the brush-end of the Poly Nail Tool and shape the Extender Gel. Extend over the form to your desired nail length.
- Apply more Magic Extender Gel to the apex of your nail to add strength to the extension.
- Cure for 60 seconds under our Pro LED Lamp or 120 seconds under a UV lamp.
- Remove the nail paper form and file to smooth and shape your nail.
- Cleanse your nails and apply your gel colour.
How do I remove Magic Extender Gel?
Use the 100-grit side of a Half Moon Nail File to file down the bulk of the Magic Extender Gel, leaving roughly 10% to protect the natural nail underneath during removal. Trim any extension length using The Shortie extension clippers before soaking cotton pads in Gel Remover or 100% Pure Acetone and secure them to your nails using foil wraps.
What length nail extensions can I create with Magic Extender Gel?
You can go long with Magic Extender Gel (unlike Builder Gel, where we recommend only adding up to 1cm length) – the sky is the limit. That being said, you need to have the support and apex to support the length of the extension. If you have shorter natural nail beds, we recommend shorter extensions so your natural nail bed doesn’t have too much pressure on it.
Do I need to apply a base coat over Magic Extender Gel?
You should apply a Base Coat before applying your Magic Extender Gel and a Top Coat after creating your nail extensions.
How long should I cure Magic Extender Gel?
You should cure our Magic Extender Gel for 60 seconds under our Pro LED Lamp or under a UV lamp for 2 minutes.